Dr. Tyrie Jenkins
Ophthalmologist and Eye Surgeon
Meet Dr. Tyrie Jenkins: A pioneer in the field of laser vision correction.
Dr. Tyrie Jenkins is a nationally recognized eye surgeon and accomplished ophthalmologist providing quality eye care to patients of all ages. She is a pioneer, being the first surgeon to perform LASIK in 1997 and most recently utilize LenSx® technology to perform bladeless laser cataract surgery in Hawai‘i .
She established and remains true to the mission of Jenkins Eye Care: to provide quality eye care using state-of-the-art technology in an ‘ohana setting.
An active member in both the local and international community, she has served on the boards of Women’s Fund of Hawai‘i, Hawaii Opera Theatre and Hawaii Public Radio. She has participated in medical missions in the Marshall Islands, China, Samoa and Vietnam.
Whether she is restoring patient’s vision through precision cataract surgery and laser refractive surgery or serving her community, Dr. Jenkins has built both her ophthalmology practice and her volunteer service around the same principle — compassionate care.
Dr. Jenkins and her husband have raised four children. She enjoys hiking, golf, sailing and knitting.
- College: Mount Holyoke College – South Hadley, MA
- Medical School: Jefferson Medical School – Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Wilmington Medical Center – Wilmington, DE
- Residency: Wills Eye Hospital – Philadelphia, PA
- Certification: American Board of Ophthalmology, 1986
- Professional and Academic affiliations:
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Hawaii Medical Association
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Hawaii Ophthalmology Society
- Lecturer, SCORH Society & Hawaii Optometric Association
- Jenkins Eye Care Lecture Series
- Small Business Association: O‘ahu Women in Business Advocate 2004
- Pacific Business News: Women Who Mean Business 2000, 2004
- YWCA: LeaderLuncheon Awardee 2005
- VISX: Top 100 List of eye surgeons in the U.S. – twice named